Monday, March 11, 2013

Christmas in March Cowboy Boot Stockings

I am olney.gail@gmail.com

Living abroad can be challenging,  since I don't speak the native language well enough to get a job, and my kids are back home in the USA going to college.  My husband works a lot, with frequent business trips.  That leaves me plenty of time to sew, quilt, and shop the flea markets. 

Luckily, I moved to Germany with most of my 'stash', and several UFOs.  Here is a UFO that I am just finishing.  Check out the cowboy boot stockings, which are hand embroidered and have a huge polka dot lining (from that huge Swedish furniture store).  I love the embossed felts, and here is a perfect example of when I fabric speaks to you.  This one SHOUTED to become cowboy boots.  All I need to do is add the boot pull hangers.  I'm making 6, and have debated on whether or not I should add first names to each or leave them generic.  I may keep them until I have grandkids.  Hopefully someday that will happen...


1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail lets try this again. Thanks for taking the time to track me down. I should be listed as gogle + when I comment?! cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete